Monday, March 15, 2010

Skirmishes in the Dark : 13-03-2010

13th March, in the year 2010, Paradigm Infinitum.
Another Saturday night spent with Vtes. Probably will slow down on Vtes after the tournament, need to catch up on sleep sometimes. But nevertheless, that is a problem for another day.
There weren't enough players before dinner so we actually started a 6 player table on the tiny little white table since all the other space were occupied.
Randomized for Game 1.
Nick's Tremere Bruise bleed, bleeding
BK's Serene deck, bleeding
My Along Comes a Spider, bleeding
Ben Chia's Unnamed Baali, bleeding
Sherman's Ventrue bleed, bleeding
G1's !Brujah Vote.
Nick's Tremere traditionally bleed rather aggressively, and therefore put BK at a very tenecious position. Combine that with my No Secrets and BK was really in the fire. I called forth Uchenna, as my first vampire, slapped a No Secrets on Him, employed a Raven Spy and equipped him with a Sniper Rifle. Once that was done I was pretty safe for pretty much the whole game.
BK didn't have time for me and only pester me occasionally. But even with Uchenna and Nkule both holding No Secrets, supported by Hasani; all guarding my Powerbase: Montreal and the Mbare Market, I still had difficulty depleting my prey's pool. Ben was working with Arishat and the Unnamed, supported by a Horde. With Tend the Flock, Unnamed, Servitors and Greater Curse he was having a reasonably good time with his pool, despite the Infernal nature of his minions. Even with Kduva's Mask and Ancestor Spirit, plus an Army of Rats, I still couldn't do too much damage to him.
Meanwhile, Sherman's vote was shut down by G1's unexpected Coalition and his !Brujah votes, plus my 2 Magajis with the Kduva's Mask, making the vote for everybody a difficult process. Sherman also couldn't do a lot to block the Baalis, and had to rely on deflecting to survive. G1, however, was having a pretty jolly good time thinning down Nick's pool. Nick made the mistake of both going too aggressively against everyone. There was even an instance when his bleed was deflected to me, blocked by my magaji, and he unloaded Weather Control, Apportation etc against me. He lost a vampire instead, and I felt that he didn't really needed to fight me at that point.
That said, BK was trying desperately to survive. With only Serenna on table with a Lord of Serenity and 3 Vessels (and 2 Guardian Angels, which kept Serenna alive for the longest time) BK's pool hovered around 2-4 for a couple of rounds until G1 decided to spend his effort to prevent BK from dying. His !Brujah, with a Dog of War in play, went after Nick's Tremeres and started sending many of them into torpor and eventually reduce Nick's pool to 1.
Sherman took this opportunity to attack G1, with all his vampires committed to protecting BK, G1 was actually ousted! And with only a single pool left, Sherman ousted Nick too. Now that was really an unexpected development.
However, Sherman's vote was still controlled by my Magajis, and he couldn't bleed through BK's defense. Calling a few KRCs that hurt Ben more than BK, Sherman actually reduce Ben's pool for me, and even allowed my to oust Ben with my Army of Rats.
After killing off Ben, I then used my surprise KRC to kill off both Sherman and BK. Magajis can vote too.
Final VP Count
Me - 4 VPs plus GW
Sherman - 2 VPs
Randomized seating for game 2.
Sherman's Ventrue vote, bleeding
BK's !Salubri combat, bleeding
Ben Sum's PRO weenies, bleeding
G1's Samedi, bleeding
My Angry Dragon.
This was a rather interesting game, and this was the first time that I've encountered G1's Samedi. The game started normal enough, I influenced Bupe Kuila, followed by Shemti. Having a 3rd turn Path of Typhon, I got lucky and succssfully blocked G1's Moloch, sending him into torpor. With only a single Reanimated Corpse, G1's attack against me stopped. However, I made the mistake of using too many Immortal Grapples on him (3, out of the total of 8 that I had in the deck) and couldn't do enough damage to Sherman.
Meanwhile, BK and Ben had several battles, with BK coming out on top and sending a few PRO weenies to torpor, but that depleted BK's vampires' blood as well, and Sherman's vote and bleed did a lot of damage, putting BK on the brink of dying. I tried my best to support BK by blocking Sherman's votes, ably aided by Bupe's Intercept and a WMRH. Sherman countered by rescuing Moloch, and soon I had to fight the reemergence of the Samedi, now supported by Baroque.
A deal was made between Ben and G1 on not blocking Ben's attempt to rescue and hunt. I quickly proposed a similar deal to G1 so that I could focus on helping BK. For 2 turns all fronts were quiet except for Sherman's assault. My defensive supported proved insufficient and Sherman eventually bled BK to death.
i finally got the cards I needed and proceeded to remove Sherman's vampires (many of those were sent into torpor by BK's !Salubri in the first place), and taken over Sherman's defenseless territory.
I was in a very good position, so ben proposed to G1 to gang up on me. It was a good deal except that he did not even ask for G1 to yield the table (which was rectify after I complain to him that it didn't make any sense to tell G1 that he would not do anything to him till he got the VP from me) Fighting many weenies in burning my Path I soon got into quite a bit of a problem. However, with 18 pool I managed to survive until we all have to go home before the carpark super-charged BK's vehicle for parking.
Final VP Count
Me - 1.5 VP
Sherman - 1 VP
Ben Sum - 0.5 VP
G1 - 0.5 VP
(o.o)

No comments: