Friday, August 30, 2013

Skirmishes in the Dark : 30-08-2013

The Night of 30th August, in the year 2013, Gamesaurus Rex.

Well, it's been a while.

And there we have a new Asian Championship tournament coming up this Saturday, most of the Methuselahs participating in the tournament are beginning to feel the need to stretch our finger muscles a little, and to recall how to conduct the Jyhad properly. 

Arriving at Gamesaurus Rex around 630, because YY said he was going to be there 630-ish, I arrived to find Aaron and Fad already there, sitting in the darkest possible corner of the place, despite 90% of GRex being empty at that time - thus was the strength of love between a free power socket and a yearning laptop.

At around 7 we finally got to have some dinner with YY and Bann (with Shuhan) at Astons. After sustenance was out of the equation, we sat down and started my first game in 6 months or so.

Gee, how I missed Vtes.

Randomized Seating:-
Fad's Malkavian Antitribu Vote, bleeding
YY's Ventrue bleed, bleeding
Bann's Nameless Solitaire, bleeding
My Rule in the Dark, bleeding
Aaron's Tzimisce Wall.

Now with the info of the cards no longer residing well in my memories, I can no longer remember who's actually doing what~ so I'll be selfish and just focus on what my immediate environment is like.

I brought out Murat as my first vampire, but was really dismayed when YY played a Scourge of the Enochians. Looking at my 3x Third Tradition in my hand, and a weenie vampire in my crypt, I thought to myself - ohoh~

My only other viable vampire was Sheldon, and I brought him out after Murat. These 2 fellas were pretty much the only 2 guys I worked with this game, despite the deck supposedly being a swarm deck with tons of weenies and lots of Progeny. Well, the Scourge basically removed that option.

The table was vote heavy, with YY holding about 5-6 votes, and Fad another 4 or so. With the exception of Bann (until later), everybody had some say on votes. I quickly established an alliance with Fad to support each other's vote after Aaron's Anton played a Revelation at superior on table, effectively Fad was playing with an open hand for quite a while since Anton was pretty good with 2 on-board intercept in defending his Revelation. 

Aaron proceeded to bring out Stravinsky, leaving his pool at about 4 pretty much for the remainder of the game. Meanwhile, The Nameless was having a good time perking herself up with Homonculus, a Contagion and eventually Enkil Cog, well, that made me pretty weary, and since I didn't really have much success in blocking Bann, my pool dwindle down rather quickly, and I resorted to using Fourth Tradition and a sad Consanguinous Boon to keep afloat.

The game progressed until Aaron and me were both down to 4 pool, and I knew that Bann will eliminate me during his turn. By then my Sheldon had Alastor on him with an Assault Rifle, and much thought was put into whether or not to rush the Nameless, despite her having more than enough blood to survive the attack. 

I took a risk and bled Aaron with Murat first, stealthing through Stravinsky with my Labyrinth for 1 pool. After that, with the support from YY's 7 votes or so, I KRC-ed Aaron to death, gaining myself 6 pool and a little more time.

Well, one round later, even with the gain of 6 pool, I was down to killing range from Bann again. But YY managed to draw a Banishment, and with a Obfuscate master discipline card that I gave to his 10-cap Justicar (could be Lucinde, didn't care), he banished the Nameless One! So despite having another 2 Baali on the table, Bann had to Golconda one and re-bring out the Nameless, giving me the extra time to bleed and oust Fad with an Old Friends.

My success ended right there and Bann eventually ousted me with his persistent Nameless bleeds. YY then proceeded to oust Bann with sheer minion numbers and a Pentex Subversion on The Nameless. 

I was one happy lucky fella - with every turn of near death saved by YY's superior draws. Bann was just speechless.

Final VP Count
YY - 2 VP
Me - 2 VP
Bann - 1 VP

(o.o)

No comments: